5 Days / 4 Nights
The Galapagos Marine Reserve is among the largest in the world, a sanctuary for hundreds of different species, many highly endangered. One in four marine species is endemic, found nowhere else on the planet. As a result, SCUBA diving in the Galapagos is considered one of the world’s finest underwater experiences. You may choose to do our Dive Safari or request individual dive days to extend your Classic Safari.
- from $4,545 per person
Sample Itinerary: In Brief
The below sample itinerary is just that, a sample. We are happy to change the order of activities and add days depending on your needs and interests.
- Type of activity:
- LAND EXPERIENCE
- SEA JOURNEY
- DAY 1LAND OF THE GIANT TORTOISE
- DAY 2TWO DAILY SUBMERSIONS
- DAY 3TWO DAILY SUBMERSIONS
- DAY 4TWO DAILY SUBMERSIONS
- DAY 5RELAX AT CAMP BEFORE MORNING DEPARTURE
- DAY 5+…OR EXTEND YOUR TRIP TO ISABELA ISLAND
See our Isabela Island Extensions
Sample Itinerary, in full
Designed for dive enthusiasts, our Dive Safaris include two dives per day and a land excursion on arrival. We are always happy to tweak these programs with more days of activities on Santa Cruz Island and/or yacht excursions to beautiful, uninhabited neighbouring islands.
You can also combine days SCUBA diving before or after a cruise.
Diving in the Galapagos is not recommended for first-time divers. Please get in touch for more information.
- Type of activity:
- LAND EXPERIENCE
- SEA JOURNEY
- DAY 1 IN SEARCH OF THE GIANT TORTOISE Welcome to the Galapagos! An English-speaking naturalist guide will meet you at the VIP lounge at Baltra Airport to escort you on your excursion of the highliands of Santa Cruz Island.
Enjoy a delicious, locally-sourced lunch at a farm in the western hills. Take in the area’s natural beauty, pit craters, lava tunnels, and learn more about the Scalesia and Guayabillo forests. At the Tortoise Reserve, share some time in the giant tortoiss’ natural habitat, surrounded by the abundant bird life of the area.
End the day at Galapagos Safari Camp with a sunset cocktail, followed by dinner.
- DAY 2,3,4 DIVING Two daily submersions. See Dive Sites.
- DAY 5 RELAX AT CAMP, AND DEPARTURE Enjoy the serenity that Galapagos Safari Camp has to offer. Relax, walk, or enjoy the sunrise from our viewing platform, before departure to your next destination.
- DAY 5+ ...OR EXTEND YOUR STAY TO INCLUDE
See our Isabela Island Extensions.
Possible dive sites include:
One of the older volcanic islands, Floreana, has an excellent selection of diverse dive sites. Most of the interesting activity takes place in the shallows where the current strikes the reefs. We have spotted Galapagos sharks, white tip reef sharks, turtles, sting rays, eagle rays, barracudas, sea lions and reef fish.
Despite being one of the younger islands, Bartolomé’s underwater world is stunning – with penguins as a highlight! There is a 10m-deep platform with an enormous variety of reef fish; and on the edge of the platform a 15m-deep submarine canyon, home to white tip reef sharks, mobula rays, stingrays, barracudas, turtles, and a variety of invertebrates and mollusks.
This rocky islet is a popular gathering place for sea lions and an enormous colony of garden eels. The 21m drop-off is idea for schools of eagle rays, hammerhead sharks, manta rays and black tip reef sharks.
This is a drift dive along an impressive drop-off at the top of a sloping wall. Close to the islet you’ll discover coral areas bursting with sea urchins, starfish, and a plethora of cardinal fishes. The area is frequently visited by manta rays, green turtles, sea lions, grunts and snappers, sharks and eagle rays.
- All meals
- Airport VIP services
- Transfers & ground transportation
- Boat excursions with two submersions each day on a shared basis (additional option to take a private guide or to charter the boat for a fully private experience)
- Wetsuits and diving equipment
- English-speaking dive guide
- Activities and visits detailed in the itinerary
- Flights (all flights from mainland Ecuador to the Galapagos Islands can be arranged upon request)
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee (US $100 per adult/$50 per child under 12; subject to change)
- Visitor transit card (US $20 per person; subject to change)
- Laundry service
- Insurance (please check your travel insurance is valid in your country of origin prior to your journey)
- Dive computer
…picnic in the wilds, art classes, surf classes, ceviche-making and more!
VOICES OF GALAPAGOS
Our Experts Say
Accredited Naturalist Guide and diver with over 20 years of experience diving in the Galapagos.
“The underwater Galapagos world still fills me with wonder after all these years, with endless schools of fish, sharks, golden rays, sea turtles. Life under the water is as every bit as impressive as the life above it in these enchanting Pacific Islands.”
A few of our
A once in a lifetime experience My husband and I stayed at the Galápagos Safari Camp for five nights in March 2020. I can’t speak... read more
Exceptional service, need more food choices at lunch and dinner My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights following a short Galapagos cruise. We were traveling with another couple.... read more
Great experience Perfect spot to stay at while exploring the Galapagos. Staff are friendly and helpful. The food is delicious.... read more