5 Days / 4 Nights
The Galapagos Marine Reserve is among the largest in the world, a sanctuary for hundreds of different species, many highly endangered. There is less endemism underwater than on land, but there is a huge variety of species from both the tropical and temperate families, making these islands one of the best places in the world to scuba dive.
You may choose to do our Dive Safari or request individual dive days in your Classic Safari, either as additional day/s, or in place of a tour / activity.
- from $4,545 per person
Sample Itinerary: In Brief
The below sample itinerary is just that, a sample. We are happy to change the order of activities and add days depending on your needs and interests.
- Type of activity:
- LAND EXPERIENCE
- SEA JOURNEY
- DAY 1LAND OF THE GIANT TORTOISE
- DAY 2TWO DAILY SUBMERSIONS
- DAY 3TWO DAILY SUBMERSIONS
- DAY 4TWO DAILY SUBMERSIONS
- DAY 5RELAX AT CAMP BEFORE MORNING DEPARTURE
- DAY 5+…OR EXTEND YOUR TRIP TO ISABELA ISLAND
See our Isabela Island Extensions
Sample Itinerary, in full
Designed for dive enthusiasts, our Dive Safaris include two dives per day and a land excursion on arrival. We are always happy to tweak these programs with more days of activities on Santa Cruz Island and/or yacht excursions to beautiful, uninhabited neighbouring islands.
You can also combine days SCUBA diving before or after a cruise.
Diving in the Galapagos is not recommended for first-time divers. Please get in touch for more information.
- Type of activity:
- LAND EXPERIENCE
- SEA JOURNEY
- DAY 1 IN SEARCH OF THE GIANT TORTOISE Welcome to the Galapagos! An English-speaking naturalist guide will meet you at the VIP lounge at Baltra Airport to escort you on your excursion of the highliands of Santa Cruz Island.
Enjoy a delicious, locally-sourced lunch at a farm in the western hills. Take in the area’s natural beauty, pit craters, lava tunnels, and learn more about the Scalesia and Guayabillo forests. At the Tortoise Reserve, share some time in the giant tortoiss’ natural habitat, surrounded by the abundant bird life of the area.
End the day at Galapagos Safari Camp with a sunset cocktail, followed by dinner.
- DAY 2,3,4 DIVING Two daily submersions.
- DAY 5 RELAX AT CAMP, AND DEPARTURE Enjoy the serenity that Galapagos Safari Camp has to offer. Relax, walk, or enjoy the sunrise from our viewing platform, before departure to your next destination.
N.B. To avoid Decompression Sickness (DCS), PADI guidelines recommend waiting 12 hours after a single dive or 18 hours after multiple dives. Much will depend on the length and depth of your dive, and this time will be factored into your final itinerary. Where possible, we prefer to follow the general rule, which is to wait a full 24-hours (especially after a two tank dive and a night dive). This covers all types of dives and adds extra time as a safety precaution.
Depending on your final itinerary, and the number of dives you do, please bear this rule in mind as you may require an extra night to factor in the 24-hour waiting period before boarding your flight.
- DAY 5+ ...OR EXTEND YOUR STAY TO INCLUDE
See our Isabela Island Extensions.
Dive Sites we visit:
We visit a number of dive sites in and around the Central Islands. These include Floreana, Gordon Rocks, Plaza Islands, North Seymour, Mosquera, Daphne Minor, Bartolome, Cousin’s Rock and Academy Bay (for night dives only).
You can read more about each of these dive sites at: Best Dive Sites in the Galapagos Islands
Scuba Diving: More Resources
A Guide to Scuba-Diving in the Galapagos Islands: This comprehensive guide includes a number of frequently asked questions about scuba diving in the Galapagos.
PADI Courses in the Galapagos Islands: Our guide to getting your PADI Advanced Certification in the Galapagos Islands. It also details why we don’t necessarily recommend the PADI Open-Water course for beginners.
Best Dive Sites in the Galapagos Islands: A guide to our favourite dive sites in the Galapagos Islands.
- All meals
- Airport VIP services
- Transfers & ground transportation
- Boat excursions with two submersions each day on a shared basis (additional option to take a private guide or to charter the boat for a fully private experience)
- Wetsuits and diving equipment
- English-speaking dive guide
- Activities and visits detailed in the itinerary
- Flights (all flights from mainland Ecuador to the Galapagos Islands can be arranged upon request)
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee (US $100 per adult/$50 per child under 12; subject to change)
- Visitor transit card (US $20 per person; subject to change)
- Laundry service
- Insurance (please check your travel insurance is valid in your country of origin prior to your journey)
- Dive computer
…picnic in the wilds, art classes, surf classes, ceviche-making and more!
VOICES OF GALAPAGOS
Our Experts Say
Accredited Naturalist Guide and diver with over 20 years of experience diving in the Galapagos.
“The underwater Galapagos world still fills me with wonder after all these years, with endless schools of fish, sharks, golden rays, sea turtles. Life under the water is as every bit as impressive as the life above it in these enchanting Pacific Islands.”
A few of our
Surpassed our expectations! I can't praise Sebastien and the team at GSC highly enough for looking after us during our 6 night stay... read more
WONDERFUL STAY AT GALAPAGOS SAFARI CAMP My husband and I just returned from a wonderful 4 night/5 day trip to the Galapagos Safari Lodge. How... read more
A Place to Make Outstanding Memories!! This was my husband's and my 3rd adventure to the The Galapagos, However, this trip was for one... read more