Terms & Conditions 2022 & 2033
These terms and conditions are not applicable during our Festive season (15 Dec – 5 Jan). These will be sent to you at the time of booking.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
- 30% deposit required to secure a booking within 7 days of confirmation.
- 70% balance of the total booking payable 60 days before arrival.
- Payments can be made via bank transfer or credit card payments
- Payee is responsible for any charge incurred in the payment process (i.e. credit card fees).
- Galapagos Safari Camp reserves the right to cancel bookings and apply full cancellation fees should stipulated policies not be met.
- Cancellations are only valid when presented in writing
- Cancellation after confirmation will immediately incur a fee of 50% deposit
- Cancellation 120 days prior to arrival will incur a fee of 100% of deposit
- Cancellation 60 days prior to arrival will incur a fee of 100% of total booking amount
- Cancellation fees will automatically be discounted from deposits
- Cancellation due to force majeure (an unforeseeable event, external to the parties of the contract, and unavoidable), must be covered by a travel insurance and will not be covered by Galapagos Safari Camp/ Galasafari Tour Operator.
- Accepted up to 90 days prior to arrival, subject to a fee of 30% of total booking.
- To reactivate the reservation we would require an updated deposit for new dates.
- New rates may apply.
- Valid for one year from original booking date and subject to availability.
- From 60 days prior to arrival, rescheduling will not be possible and full cancellation fees will apply. We will make an exception in cases of borders shutting on either end of the trip beyond this time-frame.
- We are a child-friendly property and welcome children of any age. Some activities might be limited to certain ages by our service providers and it best to check at the time of trip planning.
- We do expect parents to ensure their children are thoroughly supervised, and they must not disturb the calm or rest of other guests at the lodge and while on safari.
- Please refer to our “Limitation of Liability, Release, Waiver and Assumption of Risk Agreement”
- By confirming a trip, it is understood that our guests understand and agree to the terms and condition outlined in our policies.
- By confirming a trip, it is understood that our guests understand and agree to the terms and condition outlined in our “Limitation of Liability, Release, Waiver and Assumption of Risk Agreement”. If booked via another party it is the responsibility of the booking agent to ensure our terms are agreed upon and understood by the guest.
- Rates / quotes do not include any medical, travel, or personal insurances.
- Please note we strongly recommend looking into comprehensive travel insurance at the time of booking.
- We advise planning your itinerary in advance. Please do not hesitate to contact us for advice in arranging your itinerary.
- Inclusions and exclusions are outlined in each itinerary at the time of booking.
- Itineraries may be subject to change due to National Park regulations, weather conditions, or force majeure.
Our wildlife recommendations are based on our own first-hand experiences, as well as the experiences of our guests and guides. However, as with any wildlife tour, we cannot guarantee that you will see each of the species listed in your itinerary.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, RELEASE, WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
I understand that the purpose of this document is to exempt and release GALAPAGOS SAFARI CAMP S.A. GSC and GALASAFARI TOUR OPERATOR S.A., hereinafter, individually and/or collectively, “Galapagos Safari Camp”, its shareholders, officers, directors, employees, and suppliers, and to hold all of them harmless from any and all liabilities arising as a consequence of the following, or any other acts or omissions on their part, including but not limited to negligence of any type. I acknowledge and declare that I understand the terms and conditions regarding:
1) Protocol of the Galapagos Archipelago as well as all naturalist guides’ instructions:
I declare that I will abide by the Galapagos National Park protocol as well as Galapagos Safari Camp’s / Galasafari Tour Operator (and its personnel) instructions.
2) The inherent risks and hazards of snorkeling, skin diving, scuba diving and other outdoor activities:
I acknowledge that snorkeling, skin diving, scuba diving and other outdoor activities offered by Galapagos Safari Camp/ Galasafari Tour Operator, directly or through different providers, involve the risk of personal injuries, illness or death caused by accidents in general, slip and fall due to the motion of the sea or other causes, forces of nature such as weather and the unpredictable behavior of animals in the wild, breakdown of equipment, overexertion, exhaustion, water currents, outdoor dinghies, civil unrest or terrorism, consumption of food and beverages, illness or disease caused by exposure to bacteria, pathogens, and viruses, including the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. I declare that I will fully abide by all security and safety protocols that have been timely informed and provided to me by Galapagos Safari Camp/ Galasafari Tour Operator or its providers, as well as the guide’s instructions. I understand that I have a duty to exercise reasonable care for my own safety and I agree to do so.
3) Travelling with minors (under the age of 12):
I acknowledge that parent(s) or guardian(s) of a minor (under the age of 12) are responsible for the child/children’s safety and well-being at all times, assuming all responsibility concerning illness, injury, accident and/or casualty that may afflict the minor(s); provided that such illness, injury, accident and/or casualty is not the proven result of negligence on the part of the Galapagos Safari Camp, its directors, employees, representatives and officials.
I understand my responsibility with regard to Galapagos Safari Camp / Galasafari Tour Operator ‘s safety policies and will comply with the care of the minor(s) traveling with me during and throughout all the activities we may participate in, whichever they may be, either in land or water excursions, aboard yacht(s) or at the camp itself.
4) Potential risks and hazards:
I understand, acknowledge and agree that there are certain unavoidable risks to myself and family involved in any activity that might take place during our stay at the Galapagos Safari Camp / Galasafari Tour Operator premises or anywhere else during our trip, including land or water commutes, personal accidents, collisions, slip and fall due to motion of the sea or other causes, risk which I am willing to assume thus I hereby release Galapagos Safari Camp / Galasafari Tour Operator, its shareholders, officers, directors, employees, and suppliers from any liability for personal injuries, illness or death, or loss of or damage to property, occurring during or as a result of my trip, except as a direct result of the negligence of the Galapagos Safari Camp/ Galasafari Tour Operator.
5) COVID 19 exposure:
I acknowledge and understand the contagious nature of the Coronavirus / COVID-19, regardless of which I have decided to move forward with my Galapagos experience trip. I acknowledge that Galapagos Safari Camp/ Galasafari Tour Operator have put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus / COVID-19 which have been duly informed to me and I have read and thoroughly understood. I further acknowledge and understand that despite screening and testing and other steps taken by Galapagos Safari Camp/ Galasafari Tour Operator and other guests, a degree of risk exists in being exposed to bacteria, viruses and another contagion, including the Coronavirus / COVID-19.
6) Refusal of medical attention:
I acknowledge and agree that I have the right to refuse medical care, treatment and/or transportation.
I understand that Galapagos Safari Camp/ Galasafari Tour Operator recommends that, in the case of an accident, illness or event, I receive medical care, treatment and/or transportation to the hospital emergency department for further evaluation by a physician; if I refuse, any consequences because of this decision will be my responsibility.
I agree that this releases Galapagos Safari Camp S.A. / Galasafari Tour Operator S.A. of all claims, liability and assumption of risk stated as follows:
I agree to release Galapagos Safari Camp / Galasafari Tour Operator, its shareholders, officers, employees, representatives, officials and suppliers from all claims, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses and demands of any nature or kind in regard to and all loss, injury, illness, death, emotional distress, mental suffering, psychological injury or property damage.
I waive the right to any compensation for damages due to my decision.
I further understand, acknowledge and agree that: I am physically, mentally and emotionally fit to make this decision.
I have carefully read this Limitation of Liability, Release, Waiver And Assumption of Risk Agreement and declare that I have not been induced by any application, either directly or indirectly, or given any promises made by Galapagos Safari Camp / Galasafari Tour Operatos and have voluntarily agreed to sign it of my own free will.
I have carefully read this document and understand its true meaning in English.
By confirming this booking our guests agree to the terms and conditions drafted above. They also agree to comply with any biosecurity measures that Galapagos Safari Camp and any other service provider attached to the delivery of our safaris require during the journey.