4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
Combine your experience at Galapagos Safari Camp with a three or four-night stay at Sacha Lodge. The lodge is an elegant retreat built to blend in with the environment, located in a 5,000 acre private ecological reserve that is home to spectacular wildlife. Meals are served buffet style in the main dining room, prepared using locally-grown ingredients and tailored towards international travelers.
- from $1,190 per person
Sample Itinerary: In Brief
The below sample itinerary is just that, a sample. We are happy to change the order of activities and add days depending on your needs and interests as much as we can — just get in touch!
- Type of activity:
- LAND EXPERIENCE
- SEA JOURNEY
- DAY 1INTO THE AMAZON
Flight from Quito to Coca, followed by a 2-hour boat trip downstream to the lodge.
- DAY 2&3EXPLORING THE AMAZON RAINFOREST
- DAY 4RETURN TO QUITO
- DAY 4+…OR EXTEND YOUR STAY TO 4 NIGHTS / 5 DAYS
Full Sample Itinerary
All the programs at Sacha are tailor-made and can be customised to meet your needs, fitness levels and interests.
- Type of activity:
- LAND EXPERIENCE
- SEA JOURNEY
- DAY 1 INTO THE AMAZON A scenic 35-minute flight takes you over the snow-capped peaks of the Andes and down into the Amazon basin. You arrive in Coca, where a light lunch awaits you before embarking on a two-hour canoe ride down the Napo River to Sacha Lodge. After settling in to your room in the afternoon, you are free for the rest of the day to explore and relax before dinner. The grounds and waterways surrounding the lodge are alive with bird songs, the rumble of howler monkeys in the distance, and the splashes of river dolphins and turtles in the water.
- DAY 2&3 EXPLORING THE AMAZON RAINFOREST English speaking guides accompany you each day on trips tailored to your interests and the level of activity that suits you. Day trips by canoe start at sunrise when the wildlife is the most active, before the heat of the afternoon sets in. After lunch and a siesta, the afternoon activities start at 3pm and sometimes continue into the evening, depending on the distance travelled. Here is a list of what you can expect from a trip to Sacha.
For a rundown of available activities, take a look at the guide below. Canopy Walk
Hanging 94 ft. in the air and spanning 940 ft., the canopy walk at Sacha Lodge gives you a stunning view of the treetops and the creatures of the jungle. Thousands of birds gather in the high reaches of the jungle, some of which are seldom seen at lower elevations.
Tree Top Walk
The Tree Top Walk puts you closer to the ground where monkeys, sloths, tree frogs, boa constrictors, pumas, and jaguars live above the forest floor. Five towers rising as high as 65 ft., are connected by bridges, letting you discover thee diversity of the forest first hand.
Built around a giant Kapok tree, the 100 ft. high observation tower is a great place to watch the sun rise or set. Guides have spotted 50 species of birds in one morning, along with monkeys, and sloths.
Yasuni Parrot Lick
The Yasuni parrot licks on the border of the Yasuni National park are a short canoe ride from the lodge. In the mornings on clear, sunny days; hundreds of parrots gather together, creating flurries of color and activity.
Located right off the dock on the Pilchicocha Lagoon, the lake pool is a great way to cool off before dinner after a busy day of exploring.
Fishing for Piranha
Another afternoon activity is fishing for piranha with an experienced guide. Often a highlight for children and adults, the razor-tooth fish won’t attack humans, making swimming in the same waters another adventure.
The Butterfly Farm
Sacha Lodge is home one of the largest butterfly farms, breeding 50 species including striking tiger longwings, bright yellow swallowtails, blue morphs, and giant nocturnal owl butterflies. After seeing the different stages of growth, tour the “fly room,” where hundreds of colorful butterflies flutter from flower to flower.
Discover the warmth of the people living in a nearby community, learning about the traditions and culture along the river. This is a favorite of those who make the trip, and is normally combined with a trip to the parrot lick.
There are many trails that the lodge’s naturalists explore with guests during their time at Sacha. There are eight kinds of monkeys and 60 other species of mammals within the reserve’s borders. Other creatures to look out for include tree frogs, 587 species of birds, anteaters, and tree slothes.
Night Canoe Trips and Walks
Night canoe trips and hikes take you into the nocturnal world of the jungle. Guides armed with flashlights point out caimans, frogs, giant insects, and bats swooping overhead. Many enjoy this activity on there first night as a introduction to the area.
Please note that activities are subject to weather, though Forest Walks, the Kapok Tower, and Canopy Walk are the keystones of the Sacha Lodge experience.
- DAY 4 RETURN TO QUITO After breakfast, you begin your return journey to Quito, travelling by motorised boat to Coca. If you do not have a same-day flight to your next destination, you may request another night at your hotel in Quito.
- DAY 4+...OR EXTEND YOUR STAY TO 4 NIGHTS / 5 DAYS
- Private airport transfers
- Assistance at the Quito and Coca Airports
- Canoe transportation from Coca to the Lodge on scheduled days
- Double accommodation
- All meals as per itinerary
- Non alcoholic beverages
- Group guided excursions
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking naturalist guide + native assistant guide
- Rain poncho and rubber boots
- Airfare Quito – Coca – Quito
- Personal expenses
- Other activities and services not specified
A few of our
Fantastic Place!!! Our stay at Galapagos Safari Camp was lovely. The staff are so friendly and attention to detail is perfect. ... read more
Great place to stay in Galapagos! My husband and I stayed at the Galapagos Safari Camp for 5 nights the first week of March 2020. ... read more
Sophisticated establishment with modern comfort complete with flawless service We just spent our three-day four-night vacation at the Camp and feel quite compelled to share this holistic experience with... read more