Safaris & Activities
“The place is like a new creation; the birds and beasts do not get out of our way; the pelicans and sea-lions look in our faces as if we had no right to intrude on their solitude; the small birds are so tame that they hop upon our feet.” Captain Lord Byron
Safari Collection 2013
- Classic Safaris – These land-based itineraries combine private land activities with shared boat excursions to neighboring islands
- Land Safari - This itinerary is designed for land-lovers with activities arranged exclusively on Santa Cruz Island and no boat excursions
- Santa Cruz Safari (short 5d/4n)
- Diving Safari – This programme is specifically for scuba enthusiasts, including two daily dives and accommodations at GSC
- Scuba Safaris (5d/4n and extensions)
- Galapagos & Ecuador Mainland Safaris - Our Classic Safari with extensions in the Amazon or the Andes in mainland Ecuador
- Land & Cruise Safaris – These safaris fuse a cruise itinerary with our partner yatchs, together with a two night pre or post-cruise land extension at Galapagos Safari Camp
- Specialised Safaris – Tailored made and exclusive to groups
On the farm you can spend time walking, bird watching and spotting visiting tortoises. The vegetation is lush and the terrain is volcanic so good walking shoes are required. There are a number of wonderful viewpoints from which to observe birds or simply relax.
The neighbouring area to the farm is known as the “highlands”, spanning fertile vegetation zones with a blend of agricultural land and national park. Attractions range from a tortoise reserve to lava tunnels and volcanic craters. Walking, cycling or horse trekking can be organised upon request.
The lowlands of Santa Cruz Island boast pristine turquoise waters and white sandy beaches. You can snorkel, dive, kayak, surf or just swim. The main town, Puerto Ayora, is vibrant and lively, with many restaurants, shops and galleries.
Further afield. For those wishing to visit other islands, a stay at the camp combined with an extended cruise provides the perfect solution. Alternatively we can help you organise snorkelling or diving to neighbouring islands.